One of my Fav Months! This is what I’m planning on doing this October:
1. Haunted houses, hayrides, and trails: Since I live close to Sleepy Hollow I will prob return to the Horseman’s Hollow. Also there is Headless Horseman out in Ulster Park, NY they have a hayride, corn maze, and house to go thru(bundle up it get’s cold out there and lines are long!) I’m also thinking of checking out Terror Behind The Walls at Eastern State Penitentiary. They have six attractions and you have a choice to interact with the actors (they can grab you, and take you into hidden passageways.)
2. Apple/Pumpkin Picking : We try to head out to pick our own apples and pumpkins. But all the apples are usually gone by mid October so we check out the pumpkin patch. There are plenty of places in Hudson Valley to do this like Barton Orchard. Also, Wilkens Fruit Farm in Yorktown Heights. There is always Stew Leonard’s and they have a hayride for the kiddies with a great selection of pumpkins and their Apple Cider Donut holes are pretty awesome!
3. Pumpkin Carving: Every year we carve pumpkins. We each pick a pumpkin and find a free stencil on the internet to use. We try to do it a few days before Halloween so we can put them out on display for the trick or and they won’t be rotten.
4. Halloween costumes: I have been trying to get more creative the past few years and I try to put together my own costume. This year I will be a Flapper..so I’m on the hunt for sequined headbands, pearls, and a fringe dress.
5. Halloween party: Any reason to dress up and try to win a Halloween costume I am there! This year I will be attending the Brotherhood Vineyard for a Halloween ball!